Submissons of proposals for individual papers or self-organized sessions is now closed. A record-breaking number of 211 abstracts were submitted!
The focus of the conference will be on values – the values of childhood as well as the values in and valuation of childhood studies. The conference aims to draw together scholarship from all parts of the world to represent a global range of geo-political contexts and a creative encounter of different methodologies and substantive issues. We particularly welcome papers that respond to the main theme from different viewpoints including but not limited to:
- Ethical questions and values in childhood research
- Methodological challenges in childhood research
- Health and equality in childhood
- Childhood and moral values
- Childhood in plural societies
- Northern childhoods
- Historicising the values of childhood
- Gendered values of childhood
- Languages of childhood
- Values in education
- Contested and conflicting values of childhood
- Institutional and individual values of childhood
- Vulnerable childhoods
- Children’s participation
- Other viewpoints
Sessions will be arranged either in English or in Finnish. A proposal can be submitted for:
- Individual paper presentation: 20-30 minutes including discussion.
- Self-organised sessions: groups may propose to organize a full session of 90 minutes including presentations (3-4 individual papers and discussion, or round table discussion).
- Poster presentation: sessions will be set up for conference participants to interact with poster presenters.